Pediatric immobilization board is for use in the emergency treatment of pediatric accident victims. Pediatric Immobilization Board allows easy immobilization of infants and children with spinal injuries.
The immobilization device includes a rigid support panel covered by a washable fabric covering to which strategically located restraining straps, and shoulder harnesses are interconnected. The immobilization apparatus can be used alone or in conjunction with a widely used prior art adult splint and litter device of special configuration.
The heavy-duty nylon cover is durable and will withstand harsh field treatment. The special harness system is integral to the device. It allows easy manipulation of the patient for the proper airway management and radiological procedures. When a patient is positioned, the spine is functionally maintained in an aligned static position. The leg straps are designed for the immobilization of each leg separately for treatment.
- Available for children as a spine immobilizer during transport from 25-54 inches in length and 10-75 pounds
- The heavy-duty nylon cover is durable and will withstand harsh field treatment
- The special harness allows easy manipulation of the child for proper airway management or radiologic procedures
- Adjustable padded full-head harness
- Forehead strap provides support for fixing the head
- The soft strap provides ergonomic support for fixing the chin
- This product is applied to the child's shoulder, chest, abdomen, and leg's fixing, makes the child's heart comfortable and respiration smooth
- The fastened leg and ankle straps allow for separate treatment and immobilization of the leg
- Built-in arm/wrist restraints and ankle straps
- Integral attaching straps make the board compatible with most backboards
- X-Ray, MRI, CT scan available
- Adjustable head support with ear openings for monitoring fluid drainage
- Sewn-in lifting handles at both ends for easy handling in confined areas
- Replaceable, color-coded straps for easy identification
- The unit comes complete with head and chin straps and carrying case
- Individual leg restraints allow one leg to be immobilized while a medic attends to the other leg