The Adult Head Immobilizer is an emergency patient-fixing device designed to aid in immobilizing a patient’s head and neck. The soft head immobilizer is produced for professional emergency medical care use only, by a minimum of two trained operators.
Normally a head immobilizer comprises of a head support base for placement under an injured patient's head, two head support blocks, a chin strap and a forehead strap, two base fixing straps. The head support cushion is put under the head of a patient on a plastic backboard. After the head support cushion is optimally positioned in reference to the patient, an adhesive velcro will affix the cushion onto the spine board. The head support blocks are placed on either side of the patient's head to immobilize and are held in position by a hook in loop fastening straps. Finally, a forehead strap is stretched from the block to the other across the patient's forehead to more completely immobilize the patient. The strap also uses a hook in loop fastener to attach to the head support blocks.
The head immobilizer is made of vinyl-coated foam and is both waterproof and buoyant. It can be cleaned easily and disinfected for reuse. It is available for X-rays, MRI or CT scans.
- The immobilizer is simple to use and lightweight
- X-rays, MRI or CT available
- Accommodates most patients, including those wearing helmets
- Immobilizer includes a base with straps, two large pillows, and two head/chin straps
- Foam construction with vinyl coated
- Fits all head shapes and positions
- Allows re-adjustment with little risk of moving the head
- Can be instantly applied and removed
- Easy to clean and disinfect
- Ear holes for patient monitoring
- Immobilizer attaches to board with straps and d-rings
- Can be used with Scoop stretcher or backboard which has either cervical device slots or a center hole at the head end
- Pillows attach with hook and loop fasteners to base
- Available in red, blue, orange, or black